Whole Wheat Bread with Raw Honey
Title: Whole Wheat Bread with Raw Honey
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Serves: 2 loafs of bread
I have come to love love love this bread. It is soft, squishy, and perfect when warm out of the oven or toasted later with butter, jam or as a sandwich. It is perfect along side stew, or chicken and vegetables. Its just so delicious!! It also makes 2 loafs, and so you can use for a few days. This is simple to make and you do not need anything but a bowl and your own 2 hands. Enjoy this bread!
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raw honey
1/3 cup avocado oil
5 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add raw honey, and stir well.
- Mix in whole wheat flour, salt, and avocado oil. Work all-purpose flour in gradually.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl.
- Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover bowl with a cloth and elastic.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.