Wedge Salad with Garlic Aioli
Title: Wedge Salad with Garlic Aioli
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 20 minute
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4 people
This recipe came to be because I made a huge batch of Garlic Sauce for my brothers 30th birthday. I made roasted chicken, made this sauce and turned them into shawarma’s. They were delicious! But I wanted to keep using the sauce and so I thought about the cabbage in my garden. When I put them together with sauteed tomatoes and cilantro, oh..my…goodness…so delicious!! And this is a very simple recipe to do as well. Enjoy my friends.
1 green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons, Olive Oil
Goat cheese, sprinkled on top
Almonds, sprinkled on top (I love Tamari Almonds)
Hemp hearts sprinkled on top (optional)
Cilantro, 1/4 cup finely chopped
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 large egg yolk
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
6 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tbsp parsley, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 400F
Wash and cut cabbage first in half. Then cut each half into 3 wedges.
Place the Wedges on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil and a few pinches of salt over cabbage.
- Put into preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Keep eye on them careful not to burn. Rotate wedges onto their sides it getting too brown
Add egg yolk, lemon, Dijon mustard,
peeled & crushed
garlic, parsley, salt to a blender. Pulse to combine.
Drizzle the oil as the blender is running
It is done when its all mixed together and smooth.
Taste, add more salt, or lemon if needed.
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half. Add them to large pan with oil.
- Let them sauteed for about 5 – 10 minutes until super soft. Add crushed garlic salt and pepper once they are almost cooked.
- Wash and finely dice your cilantro.
- Chop your almonds.
- As soon as cabbage is done, put 2 pieces of cabbage onto a big plate/bowl. Pour tomatoes all around it. Add nuts/seeds, herbs.
- Then drizzle your garlic sauce all over the top of the salad and serve immediately.
Buy Your Oil at Costco. You will get alot more oil for the cost and it will last you a long time.
Quick Tips & Tools:
1 food processor or high powered blender. Spatula. Pairing Knife. Baking Pan. Parchment Paper.
Use this sauce on:
Dip for Vegetables