No Bake Granola Bars
[Sugar Free, Gluten Free]
Title: No bake Granola Bars
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes (plus freezing)
Serves: 16-18 bars (small)
I wanted a way to use up my zucchini. I also wanted to make a dessert that I could share with toddlers. These no bake granola bars were born. And honestly, without exaggeration, they are freaking delicious!!! 😀
3/4 cup grated zucchini
1 cup dates (soaked)
1 cup oats
1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
1/2 cup coconut (shredded)
1/3 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, wow butter)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
- Soak dates for 5-10 minutes
- Grate zucchini. Add to blender
- Drain dates and add to blender.
- Pulse together until smooth and put into a large bowl
- Add oats, raisins (optional. I often put these on top of the bars and not in them so they can easily be taken out by kids), coconut, nut butter, cinnamon, salt. Mix all together until fully combined
- Add to 9 X9 pan or round pan
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top or melt chocolate and drizzle it and/or add raisins to the top
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes or more. Cut into granola bars, or small bite sized pieces and enjoy!!
Purchase what you need, in the amounts that you need it from bulk barn. Making these will give you double the quantity, and triple the nutrition of normal store bought granola bars for half the price.
Quick Tips & Tools:
9 X 9 pan or round pan.
High powered blender