Classic Cabbage Slaw
Title: Classic Cabbage Slaw
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Lunch or Dinner or Potluck
Prep time:20 minute
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 people
I am obsessed with this slaw. Its fresh, crunchy and a family favorite!! I bring it to potluck’s and family gatherings all the time!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 to 2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 medium cabbage)
2 tart apples , cored julienned (or shredded- we love green apples)
1 cup carrots shredded (about 2)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cranraisens
- Combine dressing ingredients( mayo, yogurt, acv, sugar, dijon, salt, garlic powder, pepper) in a small bowl or mason jar & set aside
- Toss with slaw ingredients
- Allow to sit for at least 1 hour before serving
- Sprinkle slivered almonds and cranraisens on top and mix through out
- Say a little prayer, shine a little love and Serve cold!
This will make so much, and you will have many meals from this one. Very budget friendly meal. Leave out almonds and cranraisens if you need too.
Quick Tips & Tools:
Big bowl, small bowl or mason jar
If using for Potluck:
Store dressing separate from cabbage. Add dressing on 1 hour before you take to potluck. Sprinkle almonds and cranraisens on at the end. Say a little pray and enjoy!
Shredd cabbage and carrots ahead of time. Store in container in fridge.
Food is not just fuel. Food is about family, food is about community, food is about identity.
And we nourish all those things when we eat well. – Michael Pollan