Cinnamon & Coconut Sugar Apple Chips
Title: Cinammon Apple Chips
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 15 minute
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves: 3 people
These Cinnamon Coconut Sugar Apple Chips were birthed out of love. They began with me being gifted a mandolin from my step-mom the other day, and then my hubby buying 2 large bags of apples. I wanted something that was simple, nutritious and would last us more than 1 day. So Ella and I went to town making these apple chips, and we fell in Love with them in the process
This is what cooking as an Act of Love can do. It literally activates the love in you which inspires motivation, it sends out the call to the universe to bring you everything you need, it radiates through your body to give added nourishment to the food you make. There is nothing Love cannot do.
- Preheat Oven to 225F
- Begin by washing yours apples and setting them aside.
- Add coconut sugar to a measuring cup, and add your cinnamon to it. Mix together. Set aside.
- Either take out your mandolin (use your guard) or a sharp knife with cutting board
- Begin slicing the apples as thin as possible. I generally cut to the core, and then flip it to the other side (and eat the middle pars around the core )
- Once you slice all your apples lay them flat and with a spoon sprinkle the coconut sugar over top all the apples , and then flip the apples and cover the other side as well.
- Add the slices to a baking tray. Do not over lap apples. Give them space to breathe and crisp up.
- After 30 minutes flip over the apple slices.
- For the last 5-10 minutes raise the heat to 400F to get them nice and crispy. Keep an eye on them at this point as they could burn quick. Set timers.
- They are done when they have curled at the edges and most of them are nice and crispy. Let them sit out and they will crisp up more. Once they are cool/room temp, you can store in closed container.