Best Healthy Cesar Salad Ever
Title: Best Healthy Cesar Salad
Author: Britney Shawley
Recipe type: Appetizer / Side
Prep time: 10 minute
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
I decided to call this the “Best Healthy Cesar Salad Ever” because this is what I was told it was when I served it to my brother for the first time. That’s a huge compliment considering a cesar salad is his staple salad!! I have borrowed this recipe from my sister in law, and added a few tweeks to make it the exact way I wanted it to taste 🙂
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
2 crushed cloves garlic
1/4 Parmesan or Asiago cheese (grated with small grater holes)
1/2 package bacon, diced small (optional)
1/2 cup sourdough crutons
- If using, begin with bacon. Pre-cut the bacon into tiny pieces before you add to baking pan.
- Pop into preheated pven at 375F for 15 minutes until nice and crispy
- Let cool on paper towel
Make the Dressing:
- Add eggs, olive oil, balsamic, sugar, pepper, minced garlic, and parm cheese into blender. Blend in blender until completely emulsified. Store in mason jar.
Assemble the Salad:
- Wash and spin dry the lettuce. Rip into small pieces and add to a big bowl.
- Pour dressing over Romain lettuce, add sourdough croutons, grated Parmesan cheese and minced bacon.
- Mix all together. Serve immediately.
Skip the bacon. Its not needed.
Quick Tips & Tools:
1 cast iron pan, 1 large bowl, blender
Double the salad dressing. Store in mason jar and enjoy simple cesar salads through out the week. Will keep for 7 to 10 days in fridge.
Looking for a vegan option?
Leave out the egg
and use nutritional yeast instead of parm cheese!!